January 11, 2015
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Corner 103 Zinfandel wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
This recipe pairs with my 2012 Alexander Valley Merlot. Buy it here.