- 3/4 cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated White Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano-reggiano
- 3/4 lb White lump crabmeat
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Diced shallot
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 baked pie shell (store-bought is fine)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all three cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and red bell pepper. Whisk together the heavy cream, scallion, shallot, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and eggs in a bowl. Evenly pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
Bake until set, approximately 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Wine Pairing – Corner 103’s 2013 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay