Lemon Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 1/2 cups quartered artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup 2013 Corner 103 Chardonnay
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- 1/2 cup green olives
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add onion and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring rarely, until well browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and cook until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes.
Add wine, water, and juice and scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate any browned bits. Cook until sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in basil and lemon zest. Add green olives as desired and serve.