Molten Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling
- 7 ozs Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Plus 1 Tablespoon of All Purpose Flour
- 7 ozs Dark Chocolate (70% Cacao), chopped
- 16 Fresh Raspberries
- 5 tbsps Raspberry Preserve
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- Confectioners' Sugar for Sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brush 4 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter.
3. In a small bowl, whisk cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of flour.
4. Dust ramekins with the cocoa mixture, tapping out excess. Transfer ramekins to a sturdy baking sheet.
5. In a medium saucepan, melt butter with chocolate over very low heat. Stir occsionally.
6. In a small bowl, coarsely mash raspberries with the raspberry perserve.
7. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt until thick.
8. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate and flour.
9. Spoon half the batter equally into the four ramekins.
10. Spoon the raspberry filling equally on top of each ramekin.
11. Spoon the remaining batter on top and bake for 15 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
13. Run the tip of a small knife around each cake to loosen. Invert a small plate over each cake and invert again.
14. Carefully lift off the ramekin. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve.