Potato Gratin Stacks
October 27, 2016
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Half and Half
- 3 tsps Garlic Powder
- 2 tsps Chopped Thyme
- 2 tsps Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fried and Crumbled Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1/4 cup Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine half and half, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder, pepper, salt, nutmeg and parmesan.
4. Toss potatoe slices in mixture making sure that each slice is coated.
5. Divide/stack potatoes between muffin tin cups. As you create the stack, add a small amount of Gruyere to each layer.
6. Cover with foil and bake until tender, approximately 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and uncover. Add remaining Gruyere and bacon pieces to each stack.
8. Place back in oven and bake until cheese is melted, approximately 20 minutes.
9. Garnish with parsley and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.