- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled
- 2 small heads Boston lettuce
In a blender, combine the anchovies, garlic, and lemon zest. Pulse to chop. Add the mint, oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the shrimp until they just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the shrimp and transfer them to a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl. Toss the shrimp with half the dressing.
Put the lettuce in a large glass or stainless-steel bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Put the greens on plates; top with the shrimp.