Chinese Chicken Salad
A Chinese chicken salad is a perfect meal on a hot summer day. And it pairs well with Corner 103’s 2019 Grenache Blanc!
Keep your house cool by preparing the chicken in advance or purchasing a roasted chicken from your favorite market!
- 1 lb pre-cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cp red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cp of edamame, shelled
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cp crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cp almonds, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame Vinaigrette (see our recipe to make your own!)
- 1 Mandarin orange, peeled and sectioned (optional)
If making your own sesame vinaigrette, find the recipe here.
Combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Combine until chicken is completely coated. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce, add red cabbage, carrots, edamame, green onions, and chicken.
Pour sesame vinaigrette (or favorite dressing) on salad and toss gently.
Top with chow mein noodles and almonds. Enjoy!